/// XC Paragliding Courses and Advanced Sites
Parapro is offering advanced courses in thermaling and cross country flying for the aspiring cross country pilot
Sat 29th October – 6th November 2022
The course is designed for pilots who wish to explore the possibilities of cross country flying and our aim is for participants to fly 20 – 30 Km plus distances.
The course will cover the following:
- Active piloting skills
- Cross country planning and prep
- Clouds, weather and general weather assessment
- valley winds, temp gradient
- Thermals: How they develop, Lift verses distance from a ridge, Ideal slope inclination, House thermals, duration, triggers and generators
- Flying in and around thermals and thermal centering
- XC soaring and safe flying strategies.
Participants are required to have gear with current Warrant of fitness and reserves that have been repacked within the last 12 months.
There maybe be some walking to the take-off sites so a reasonable level of fitness is required.
We will be chasing the best weather for cross cross country flying
Potential flying areas:
Akaroa, Mackenzie Basin, Nelson Lakes District. Wanaka – Treble Cone, Alexandra, Tekapo, Little River, Craigieburn Range
Duration: 9 days
Course cost: $1800 per person.
The cost covers the above in house theory sessions, transport local guide and on site instruction, radios and Warrant of fitness of glider if required. Accommodation and food is not provided. We will staying in Budget type accommodation
Maximum numbers: 6 people