/// Full Licence Course (PG2)
PG2 full Paragliding License – equivalent to IPPI 3 international rating
9 Day Block Course Cost: $1820 (Pre- requirement- PG1
Extended Course Cost: $2020
All PG2 students will receive a Loyalty Card that entitles them to the following:
- 10% off all new equipment purchases and subsequent advanced courses.
- Learning and refining never ends for the newly rated PG2 pilot. Parapro will provide assistance and continuous tips to help enhance their new found skills to all loyalty card holders.
- After the completion of the course, loyalty card holders will be given free transport back up the hill when conditions are not soarable in a luxury 9 seater van. No walking up hills, travelling in comfort and in style. (Providing there’s a free seat)
- Equipment set up and pre-flight checks
- Controlled forward inflations and launch
- Big ears, with/without weight shift
- Controlled reverse inflations and launch
- Pitch and roll control in straight flight
- Coordinated high and low bank turns.
- 360 degree turns left and right with pitch and roll control
- Rear riser control, use and limitations.
- Speed bar, big ears and speed bar.
- Controlled landing into wind within 20m of a predetermined spot on 2 consecutive flights.
- Top landings, slope landings ( optional for available sites)
- Wingovers ( optional)
- Asymmetric collapse ( optional)
- Knowledge of rescue parachute deployment and PLF
- Understand alternative landing approach methods
- Appropriate site, weather and risk assessments.
- Demonstrate a “safety first” attitude for self and others.
- Know and obey right of way rules when flying with other aircraft.
- Min 150 mins flight time including a total of 100mins achieved in no more than 10 flights.
- Min 40 flights from authorised launch sites.
- Flights from at least 4 different launch sites to at least 3 different landing areas, 1 of these sites must be inland.
- At least 5 take-offs in winds of 5 knots ( 9 km/hr) or less.
- At least 5 take-offs in winds of 9 knots (17km/hr) or more.
- Pass all PG2 theory
Prior to starting the course all participants are required to be members of the NZHGPA. To join, please click HERE
Explore other training options:
TRIAL INSTRUCTIONAL TANDEM FLIGHT
Get a first impression.
Cost: $200. Video/photo $50
PG1: 3 DAY NOVICE PARAGLIDING LICENCE
Gain new skills and confidence with 8 high flights